This blog follows how a romance novel set in the Borders of medieval Scotland is researched, written and hopefully *hopefully* published.

Join me on the writing journey and get inspired to try writing a little romance into your own life!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cellphone Novels

Perhaps you're familiar with the new publishing rage sweeping Asia. Maybe you saw the news spots. It's fascinating really--one more way to read a book--and a way to save paper, too!

I'm talking about the cellphone novel. Yes. Read a novel on your phone.

There's a cellphone novel "publisher" (I think we need to call them that when you consider the things that currently make work "published") that recently posted on Elance. And they invited me to bid. Ah--temptation!

They can be found at http://www.textnovel.com/ and are currently in a beta state (hey, we've all been there--I think it's called adolescence in humans ;-). Anyway, it seems like an interesting way to get your writing "out there." And, as the site's only been up for about a week, all genres are pretty well open.

And-- did I mention there's popular voting and a prize involved? Yes, I'm a bit of a sucker for additional perks, it seems.

If you've stalled in your writing, maybe this is the royal kick in the rump you need to keep going. I mean, after all, you should start to build a fan base as you write (it appears you retain your rights--READ THE FAQS AND CONTRACT/TERMS OF USE, of course) and hopefully, those fans will depend on YOU to entertain and enlighten them. How dare you refuse? ;-)

So, will I or won't I?

Time, and a couple answers to posted questions will tell...

Keep reading (and writing)!
~Saoirse

No comments:

What is the most interesting city or setting to you?

Woo-hoo! Didn't You Know It!


Which ancient leader are you most akin to?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Ghengis Khan

you scored ghengis khan! He was a Mongol political and military leader or Khan (posthumously Khagan) who united the Mongol tribes and founded the Mongol Empire (�� �онгол Ул�), (1206�1368), the largest contiguous empire in world history.

Ghengis Khan

86%

Julius Caesar

80%

Henry V (England)

72%

Cleopatra

70%

Darius

70%

Napoleon Bonaparte

67%

Alexander the Great

64%

Pride and Prejudice

Which Pride and Prejudice Girl Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com You scored as Elizabeth

I am Elizabeth. I am headstrong and intelligent. I love to be myself, and am very loyal to my family. I can sometimes be prideful and "prejudiced," but I try to remain open minded and I usually regret past mistakes.

Elizabeth

95%

Charlotte

75%

Jane

65%

Mrs. Bennet

55%

Mary

50%

Kitty

35%

Lydia

15%

Super Me!


Which Superheroine are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Huntress

You are the Huntress... No matter how many times you try and prove yourself to be good, you always seem to be stuck in the same rut, with the reputation as a "bad girl". Guys love to hang around you because you're easy to talk too.

Huntress

80%

Black Canary

75%

Supergirl

65%

Spiderwoman

60%

Batgirl

55%

Catwoman

40%

Spoiler

40%

Spidergirl

35%