This blog follows how a romance novel set in the Borders of medieval Scotland is researched, written and hopefully *hopefully* published.

Join me on the writing journey and get inspired to try writing a little romance into your own life!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Easing Back in to Blogging...Tangent Alert!

I've actually been getting some work done on "Hollow Hearts and Hollow Hills" (I need to update my word counts) as well as other projects.

Our Highland Cattle arrived Friday (Tracy a pregnant cow with bull calf at her side, Seamus a white 17 month old bull, Brigit a red 17 month old heifer). I'm still perturbed at the guy we bought them from--the bull calf was cut up from a tangle with barbed wire (my only guess) and the guy didn't treat him. Tracy's too skittish (and motherly) to let me near him to treat the wounds and I'm just hoping her attention and the cool weather will keep the flies at bay. The previous owner said if the calf dies he'll refund our money. Then he said he'd let us have a different bull calf instead. Ugh. I'm just glad I don't need to deal with that guy again (I hope).

So the cows are in a pasture that stretches into an old apple orchard on the property. Apples are dropping early this year (because of this freakish cold snap) and the cows are eating their fill!

We just got the Jacob sheep's new pasture fenced, so I need to move them today. They seem to be doing pretty well (had quite a scare with one of them a week or so ago now).

Acquired two mutt-ducks (Charlie and Matilda) and three African Geese (two boys, 1 girl), and 5 pigeons (3 girls, 2 boys). This place is starting to fill out as a nearly-respectable farm.

Trying to get together with Deb and her pal, Robin, to do some writing exchanges, but our schedules aren't meshing so well. Deb's working on her first novel (paranormal romance) and Robin's trying her hand at a YA. I think I'll have them scope out "Hollow Hearts and Hollow Hills" but I have several other projects that could use an editor's eye, too... I guess it's a moot issue until we can actually arrange to meet ;-).

I'm doing some "writing for money" type stuff right now (noticing a need coming up--the holidays are coming too fast!). Ah well... Sara had a post about who you write for here--Aspiring Romance Writer. Check it out!

I'll be back with Romance Writer's Word of the Day starting again next week...

Take care!
~Saoirse

No comments:

What is the most interesting city or setting to you?

Woo-hoo! Didn't You Know It!


Which ancient leader are you most akin to?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Ghengis Khan

you scored ghengis khan! He was a Mongol political and military leader or Khan (posthumously Khagan) who united the Mongol tribes and founded the Mongol Empire (�� �онгол Ул�), (1206�1368), the largest contiguous empire in world history.

Ghengis Khan

86%

Julius Caesar

80%

Henry V (England)

72%

Cleopatra

70%

Darius

70%

Napoleon Bonaparte

67%

Alexander the Great

64%

Pride and Prejudice

Which Pride and Prejudice Girl Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com You scored as Elizabeth

I am Elizabeth. I am headstrong and intelligent. I love to be myself, and am very loyal to my family. I can sometimes be prideful and "prejudiced," but I try to remain open minded and I usually regret past mistakes.

Elizabeth

95%

Charlotte

75%

Jane

65%

Mrs. Bennet

55%

Mary

50%

Kitty

35%

Lydia

15%

Super Me!


Which Superheroine are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Huntress

You are the Huntress... No matter how many times you try and prove yourself to be good, you always seem to be stuck in the same rut, with the reputation as a "bad girl". Guys love to hang around you because you're easy to talk too.

Huntress

80%

Black Canary

75%

Supergirl

65%

Spiderwoman

60%

Batgirl

55%

Catwoman

40%

Spoiler

40%

Spidergirl

35%