This blog follows how a romance novel set in the Borders of medieval Scotland is researched, written and hopefully *hopefully* published.

Join me on the writing journey and get inspired to try writing a little romance into your own life!

Friday, July 20, 2007

No Words Today...

I didn't get to type a single word in Hollow Hearts and Hollow Hills yet today! Ugh. My attention's been so split the only time I'm typing is if it only takes a moment to accomplish the task--not long enough to get into "the zone" and complete a real section of anything.

SIL and BIL are coming over tomorrow and I'll be at the gallery all day--and I have to pick up baby supplies for them after my 8+ hours at the gallery. And yes, they're convinced that their presence will make my life easier somehow... And they sprang this grand idea on me TODAY. I'm learning I don't like surprises as much as I thought I did. Okay, the surprise of a nice card, a phone call, flowers or candy--all very nice. But saying you'll be dropping in AND bringing lunch (as I'm readying the next day's food)...Ugh.

Anyhow--have a great weekend!
~Saoirse

2 comments:

writerwoman said...

Don't you love family? LOL. Hope your day with them turned out okay.

Saoirse Redgrave said...

Luckily I was at another location most of the day ;-), but we're still eating leftover ziti (God bless my SIL--she makes enough food to feed an entire army)!

I've dressed it up different ways each day now... Tonight's version sports black olives, crumbled bacon, mushrooms, thyme and a sprinkle of lemon juice and cheddar... I can't wait until we're ziti-free!;-)

Overall, my brief time with the ILs was great. We had dessert (which is now my "calling" at family get-togethers) and chatted a little. We'll be getting together again in two weeks...Just enough time to be fully recovered from the last meeting. ;-)

Hope your weekend was even better than mine!
~Saoirse

What is the most interesting city or setting to you?

Woo-hoo! Didn't You Know It!


Which ancient leader are you most akin to?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Ghengis Khan

you scored ghengis khan! He was a Mongol political and military leader or Khan (posthumously Khagan) who united the Mongol tribes and founded the Mongol Empire (�� �онгол Ул�), (1206�1368), the largest contiguous empire in world history.

Ghengis Khan

86%

Julius Caesar

80%

Henry V (England)

72%

Cleopatra

70%

Darius

70%

Napoleon Bonaparte

67%

Alexander the Great

64%

Pride and Prejudice

Which Pride and Prejudice Girl Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com You scored as Elizabeth

I am Elizabeth. I am headstrong and intelligent. I love to be myself, and am very loyal to my family. I can sometimes be prideful and "prejudiced," but I try to remain open minded and I usually regret past mistakes.

Elizabeth

95%

Charlotte

75%

Jane

65%

Mrs. Bennet

55%

Mary

50%

Kitty

35%

Lydia

15%

Super Me!


Which Superheroine are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Huntress

You are the Huntress... No matter how many times you try and prove yourself to be good, you always seem to be stuck in the same rut, with the reputation as a "bad girl". Guys love to hang around you because you're easy to talk too.

Huntress

80%

Black Canary

75%

Supergirl

65%

Spiderwoman

60%

Batgirl

55%

Catwoman

40%

Spoiler

40%

Spidergirl

35%