This blog follows how a romance novel set in the Borders of medieval Scotland is researched, written and hopefully *hopefully* published.

Join me on the writing journey and get inspired to try writing a little romance into your own life!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Recently Returned and Caffeinated

With my cappucino in hand, I have returned to my blog! An icy rain is falling in my part of the country this morning, and although it hasn't recently been cold enough to warrant it, this morning I'm thinking of starting a fire. I've missed having fires in the fireplace so far this winter--the crackling, popping warmth just changes my state of mind a little.

Since I last posted (Goodness, was it really in August? Apologies...) I've been to Europe and back in an exciting, whirlwind tour of Germany (If you don't think Germany and romance go together, let me correct you here soon!) and a brief stop at the Tower of London; I've read a few more romances and I've certainly written more, too.

In the interest of writing here more often, I'll be posting a "Romance Writer's Word of the Day." If you'd like to try your hand at writing (and posting) a sentence using that word (Do you remember doing "context sentences" in school?), please do. The more, the merrier! I'll also be posting every week regarding what I've written or read.

With hopes the New Year is a bright one for you all,
~Saoirse

No comments:

What is the most interesting city or setting to you?

Woo-hoo! Didn't You Know It!


Which ancient leader are you most akin to?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Ghengis Khan

you scored ghengis khan! He was a Mongol political and military leader or Khan (posthumously Khagan) who united the Mongol tribes and founded the Mongol Empire (�� �онгол Ул�), (1206�1368), the largest contiguous empire in world history.

Ghengis Khan

86%

Julius Caesar

80%

Henry V (England)

72%

Cleopatra

70%

Darius

70%

Napoleon Bonaparte

67%

Alexander the Great

64%

Pride and Prejudice

Which Pride and Prejudice Girl Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com You scored as Elizabeth

I am Elizabeth. I am headstrong and intelligent. I love to be myself, and am very loyal to my family. I can sometimes be prideful and "prejudiced," but I try to remain open minded and I usually regret past mistakes.

Elizabeth

95%

Charlotte

75%

Jane

65%

Mrs. Bennet

55%

Mary

50%

Kitty

35%

Lydia

15%

Super Me!


Which Superheroine are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Huntress

You are the Huntress... No matter how many times you try and prove yourself to be good, you always seem to be stuck in the same rut, with the reputation as a "bad girl". Guys love to hang around you because you're easy to talk too.

Huntress

80%

Black Canary

75%

Supergirl

65%

Spiderwoman

60%

Batgirl

55%

Catwoman

40%

Spoiler

40%

Spidergirl

35%